

Seems like just yesterday that I was attending Regis College in Denver. However yesterday was actually eons ago. Life has been more than a full circle. Extensive travel in Europe (father was a B-25 pilot in WWII, 12th BG, 81st Sqdn. North Africa, Sicily, Italy), grocery store mgr., entertainer (travelled all over the U.S.), art gallery owner, contractor, costume shop owner, retirement and now blogging. Retirement has brought its' simple pleasures............Now I spend my time designing and crafting display platforms for Dept. 56, Lemax et al and for miniature toy soldiers.
The pictures above are a platform I designed for the John Jennings line of toy soldiers from his French and Indian War series and a platform designed for Halloween Dept. 56 and or Lemax.
I have taken the plunge and created (well not really created) a website to display my works http://www.creativevignettes.com/ Simple, but I wanted something easy to navigate.
I will be posting information regarding my father's (deceased) experiences leading into and during WWII. Let me just start by saying he started out a PFC when he enlisted in 1940 by 1943 he was piloting and a Captain by Jan. 1944.
"Only one other organized combat group ever had the distinction of of fighting over more degrees of longitude than the 12th Bomb Group. That was the army of Subotai, a leader of one of the armies of Genghis Khan, in the thirteenth century. Subotai fought from Nanking, China to the vicinity of Vienna, Austria on the east bank of the Danube. In the winter of 1240-1241 he was summoned back to Karakorum because of the death of Ogadai Khakhan, the son of Genghis Khan."
"Wherever they bombed the earth shook and quaked."
The " Earthquakers"
No comments:
Post a Comment